WPM at a Glance
The world has always stood in need of healing, goodness, love and compassion. World Peace Mission which hit the scene 25 years ago had been motivated by one aim – “One Heart, One World” and its project was to establish a boundaryless world, and to teach, preach and to enlighten that world. In 2020, World Peace Mission is completing 25 years of service.
World Peace Mission founder and Chairman Sunny Stephen who is a missionary of world peace, human right activist,compassionate ministry and musician all rolled into one has been spearheading the drive to establish the organisation in more than a hundred countries worldwide.
World Peace Mission workers have been engaged in compassionate projects for social uplift with a deep commitment to its ideals, but always within the parameters of local regulations. Today, World Peace Mission has been actively working in such diverse areas as family enrichment program at the grassroot level, drugs and alcohol de-addiction programmes, cancer and palliative care and similar socially useful projects. Moreover, in different parts of the globe, World Peace Mission workers provide food for the hungry millions, and shelter for the homeless simultaneously providing them with food kits. In the tribal belts of several countries, World Peace Mission arranges medical camps under the supervision of specialist doctors who give free medical advice and consultation, free medicines and highly beneficial awareness classes.
World Peace Mission reaches everyone everywhere who stands in need of help such as literacy classes for the illiterate, women empowerment, the provision of additional measures for their safety and livelihood, working as volunteers to help in times of emergencies, and organising training camps for young people and staying by their side as they grow up into mature adults. Counselling is provided to them through the agency of experts in information technology. World Peace Mission stands ready to jump in and save humanity at every turn wherever man faces crises of all sorts.
Besides, World Peace Mission organises interreligious gatherings, and green world mission seminars at school-college levels, and in collaboration with TRADA under the guidance of Martin Luther Christian University. It also serves as the focal point for social workers of World Peace Academy, and arrange certificate courses for those who are interested in social work, and sends those who successfully complete these courses for field work in various realms of social development; thus World Peace Mission has been completing a quarter-century of dedicated service to humanity.
Projects visualised for 2020, silver jubilee year
• Confer World Peace Mission awards on humanitarian workers who crossed the boundaries of the world to render their selfless services. Awards include
Viswa Santhi Ratnam,
Viswa Neeti Ratnam,
Viswa Kala Ratnam,
Viswa Manava Ratnam,
Viswa Sahitya Ratnam, etc
• Arrange an international film festival comprising classic cinemas from different countries which promote the idea of One Heart One World.
Festival Director : John Paul
• Conduct an international short-film competition on the concept of ”‘Love, Peace and Mercy’ Share with Your Neighbour”, with the cooperation of international assemblies of young people.
Online Short-film competition Director: Bejoy Cherian
• Start a free legal aid forum for the poor and downtrodden people of the world.
Legal aid forum director:
• A book – “Essence of Life” (a complete book of life skills) - is released for worldwide distribution. Its avowed aim is to make available education for children everywhere along with firm grounding in moral values.
• Start nature Tourism, inter-religious pilgrimage and socio-cultural program in collaboration with International Pilgrimage Revolution (IPR).
• The music album – Music for Meditation – is in the pipeline.
•: The dream project "Housing for the Poor" is currently on at various stages of execution.
Project director: Philip Maniyalil